It can be hard to find a clear-cut fit lifestyle plan without paying for a dietician and coach, which is why when I found Lauren Conrad’s Bikini Bootcamp on her blog, I had to share it with you all after I’ve decided to follow it myself! My first semester at school is coming to an end in just two weeks so what a perfect time to get going so that when I return to school I’ll already be a month in. Of course I’ll have a couple cheat days for the holidays 🙂 we have a “Thanksgivmas” party for Flight Team this weekend and I’ll be cooking for Christmas and New Year’s, but I’m admitting my cheat days and planning them upfront, so I don’t see anything wrong with that.
So here’s the deal, it is a lifestyle change, designed with help from her coach, Jarett Del Bene. When I read it, at first I said “wow”. I’ve known that I want to get back in shape for a while, so I’m ready, but I think you definitely have to be ready first to jump into this program to succeed in both the short and long run. My advice is to read Lauren’s plan below, be honest with yourself, and gauge whether you need to follow a simple workout and/or diet plan first to work your way up to build some momentum.
Drum roll… here it is!
- This is a lifestyle change, so do not think of it as a diet. Try to stick with this as long as you can!
- Don’t lose sight of your goals. You can do this!
- Drink lots and lots of water. (Jarett’s Tip: “Drink one ounce of water for every pound you weigh per day. For example, if you weigh 120 pounds, drink 120 ounces of water throughout the day.”)
- As soon as you wake up, have one cup of lemon water. Make sure you drink it at least 30 minutes before you eat.
- Pick one exercise to do every day (save one day for rest). If you need some inspiration, make a workout mix! (Jarett’s Tip: Have a power snack before your workout such as sliced apples dipped in some all-natural peanut butter.)
- Do all of the exercises listed under “Everyday Exercises” each day in addition to your selected workout.
- Pick one meal from each category for each day.
- Pick one snack for each day.
The Off-Limits List
- No candy, baked goods, or ice cream. Ideally, no sugar!
- No soda or flavored drinks.
- No white bread or rice.
- No eating 2-3 hours before bed.
- Any of the breakfast options from my 7 Days to Skinny Jeans Plan
- 1 slice of whole grain toast with one scrambled egg and half of a grapefruit
- Banana Oatmeal Smoothie: Blend together one banana, 1 cup ice, ¼ cup cooked oatmeal, 1 tablespoon chopped almonds, ½ cup milk of your choice, pinch of cinnamon
- Low-fat yogurt with 1 sliced banana, ½ cup of fresh berries, and a drizzle of agave nectar
- Egg whites served with a slice of toast with ¼ of an avocado mashed on top with chili flakes or a pinch of garlic salt
Lunch & Dinner Options
- Any of lunch/dinner options from my 7 Days to Skinny Jeans Plan
- Chicken Wrap with Mango, Basil & Mint
- Baked Tofu Veggie Rolls served with a ½ cup of brown rice
- 1 cup of your favorite low sodium, organic soup served with a side of steamed vegetables
- Salad with mixed greens, ½ avocado, 1 handful of cherry tomatoes, 1 sliced cucumber, ¼ cup slivered almonds, ½ cup cooked quinoa (mix together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon, salt and pepper for the dressing)
- Spinach Swap Pasta
- Grapes & Grahams
- Pear or apple with string cheese
- Greek yogurt with pomegranate seeds
- Hummus and veggies
- Raw vegetables
- Any of the snacks listed in my 7 Days to Skinny Jeans Plan
- Run for 45 minutes
- Alternate sprinting and walking for 60-90 seconds for 30 minutes
- 1 hour of yoga, kickboxing or Pilates
- 45 minutes of spin
- Circuit: 10 pushups, 30 lunges, 30 bicycle crunches, jumping jacks for 60 seconds, plank for 60 seconds (repeat 2x)
- 20 minutes of cardio of your choice (Make sure you break a sweat!)
- 2 sets of Lauren’s arm workout + 30 squats, 30 lunges, 30 leg lifts for each leg
- Any of the exercise options from my 7 Days to Skinny Jeans Plan
- 50 crunches in the morning, 50 crunches at night
- 60 second plank in the morning, 60 second plank at night (Jarett’s Tip: “Make sure your core is engaged by sucking in your belly button towards your spine.”)
I’m going to follow the meals she lists as closely as possible (for example, soup is easy to make or find) but also get recipes (and find pre-made items in the store) for similar items on her list. I’ll keep you updated with which foods are my favorites, and I want to hear yours too! Let’s check back here in a week :).